Monday, December 17, 2018

Amusing Phone Call

The funniest thing just happened. While I was in the middle of my afternoon siesta; which I wouldn't miss and hate being disturbed in the middle of; my friend calls me on my cellphone. It's surprising since he knows my love for my siesta. Anyway, I open one eye, see him name on the phone screen, mumble a curse, press the volume down button and sleep back.
Its when I get back up and while sipping my evening tea that I return the call. First time it doesn't get through. The second time it connects and I say "Sarvagya" (thats my friends name) - now is the hilarious bit - the guy on the other side says "sau gaya! Ha ji sau gaya" - that was a punjabi guy who hear "Sarvagya" as "Sau gaya" i.e. "Slept" in Punjabi 🤣.
Mildly amused, I repeated my friends name "Sarvagya" to which, now my punjabi friend understood a bit and said "samja ni ji". 🤣
I asked him " Ji ye Sarvagya Sharma ka number nahi hai?"
"Nahi ji ye to Punjab se hai".
"Ok, sorry paaji".
"Koi ni ji".
And that was the pleasingly amusing conversation I had today evening. 🙏😇

No comments:

Post a Comment